Not long after the Kickstarter finished, Eloy Lasanta of Third Eye Games has just released the second edition of his high-action Ninja RPG: Ninja Crusade. Formerly known as Wu Xing: the Ninja Crusade, this new release pushes the setting forward down the timeline, and the players take the role of a new generation of Ninja.
Here’s the marketing blurb for the game:
Pick your Clan…
Pick your Jutsu…
Take on an army!
Become powerful ninja fighting against the Izou Empire as it wages its crusade against your kind. The ten most powerful clans have assembled into the Lotus Coalition, and nothing can stop them as long as they can keep their alliances from crumbling! The war must be stopped and the ninja must win for the sake of the world!
The Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition includes the following:
- 10 ninja clans to pick from (plus an 11th clanless option)
- Detailed history of the Ninja and the Izou Empire
- Lifepath-style character creation system
- Full d10 system details, bringing the ninja to life
- Opponent creation systems making it easy for GMs to come up with enemies on the fly
- Dynamic Environments that make your choice of terrain a real part of the fight
- Plenty of advice on how to run the game
Overall, it looks very promising, and I’m looking forward to reviewing this edition of the game.