Spellbound Kingdoms, one of my favorite small press Fantasy RPGs has just come out with a revised edition with a whole bunch of changes to refine an already impressive game. I’ve been keeping an eye out for this since I’d heard that it was in production and now that the revised edition is out, and now that it is, I won’t be able to forgive myself if I didn’t plug it here on my blog:
This is the revised core rulebook for the Spellbound Kingdoms RPG. 300 pages of zeppelins, courtesans, feral children, alchemy, sorcery, engineering, politics, dragons, and slavering undead.
Bound by magic, haunted by fear, and clinging to love, the people of the Kingdoms live in a world on the brink of a new age. Whether that is an age of Enlightenment or a new dark age is up to you.
Spellbound Kingdoms is a traditional RPG with innovative rules for:
* Tactical combat where your fighting style matters.
* Storytelling support.
* Mass combat as an integral part of the game.
* Dramatic and tactical dialogue. Fashion as a weapon. Improv-style drama scenes!
* Emotional depth.
* Players can play nobles, peasants, soldiers, generals, or anyone in between.
* A fast pace. Blazing pace, really.
* A world and an economy that are consistent with the rules.
* Combat that is easy to learn, difficult to master, fast, fun, and not a pain in the GM’s butt.
* Cooperative worldbuilding.
* NPC relationships that matter.
Spellbound Kingdoms offers dark Renaissance fantasy gameplay with rules that support swashbuckling action, courtly intrigue, and insidious magic.
New for the revision are over 70 spells, dozens of monsters, a new Talent system, rules for multiple PCs in the same thieves guild or other organization, new combat styles including Mounted and Black Powder & Crimson Blade, many new monster combat styles, advice for creating your own combat styles and spell schools, new alchemical and engineering items, a printer-friendly version of the pdf, and a lot more.
Welcome to the Kingdoms.
Here, love and fear are the most powerful forces in the world. You only have to ask yourself one question: is that a good thing?
Spellbound Kingdoms, Revised is now available on DriveThruRPG for $9.99 or roughly Php 440.