After months of waiting, I’m very happy to see that the phenomenal Second City Boxed Set that was released earlier this year has finally appeared in PDF form.
I’ve been looking forward to this product for a while now, and while I will miss the fact that the Technique Cards aren’t included, I’m still looking forward to reviewing this product.
“Welcome to the shining star of the Colonies, the Second City, honorable samurai! May your stay here be as interesting and profitable as you desire! I strongly recommend that you do not venture outside the city until you have had an opportunity to receive some rudimentary training with the Second City Guardsmen, however.”
-Shinjo Hariken, Vassal of the Miya
Twenty-five years ago, Rokugan fought a terrible battle against an invading gaijin army known as the Destroyers. Although the noble samurai of the Emerald Empire were victorious, the conflict was devastating beyond all others, and the lands of the Great Clans were left in ruins by the fighting. To spare her people the threat of further war, war which would surely lead to the death of an Empire, the Divine Empress sued for peace with the forces of darkness, and then dispatched her vassals to claim the empty lands left behind in the wake of the Destroyers.
A generation later, the untimely death of a prominent magistrate in Rokugan suddenly elevates a group of simple samurai to a position of authority, but the magistrate’s unfinished business sends them to the Second City to see it to completion. There, influential samurai from the Empire have almost limitless potential, but the distractions from duty are numerous.
In the Second City, will honor prove stronger than steel?
This digital version of the original boxed set for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, 4th Edition includes the following:
- A complete sourcebook on the Second City, and information on the Colonies beyond its border.
- A sourcebook detailing the various individuals, groups, and agendas that comprise the Governor’s court of the Second City
- A complete campaign that brings characters from a position as minor deputies in the Emerald Empire to major players within the Colonies, and perhaps back again.
- A full map of the Second City, plus the original poster-sized map broken out into A4-sized panels, for home printing
- Yogo Tanaka’s journal
- Ide Arahime’s pillow book