It’s been a bit since the last Actual Play sessions I’ve written, but December is proving to be a busy sort of season so progress has been rather slow for the Never a Dull Blade campaign. Now then, just to update everything so far, there’s been a few movements with regards to the Way of the Daimyo positions taken by the players. Just to go over the final list:
- Akodo Kenji – Merchant Patron
- Akodo Senji – Warlord
- Matsu Broli – Master Sensei
- Matsu Hiroto – Keeper of the Temple
- Kitsu Tetsumi – Keeper of the Temple
The Governor of Two Rivers (The name of the town we settled on as a group) is the high ranking and idealistic Matsu Tsukiko, the eldest sibling of Matsu Hiroto. Tsukiko is possessed with a drive to make sure that Two Rivers becomes the finest that it can be, though there are issues. For one thing, the rule of the weak-willed Akodo Isamu has left much of the city’s denizens to their own devices, and majority of the city has been under the control of three very large Merchant Houses (now that the Three Leaves is out of business.)
The Merchant Houses in question are:
- Mishima Industries, a business involved in copper mining and the manufacturing of weaponry for the Lion Clan.
- Seburo Merchant House is a group that specializes in lumber and hardware, and maintains close ties with the Scorpion and the Crane Clans.
- Tokura Trading, a strong business involved in trading goods and services, and is run by a member of the vassal families of the Lion Clan.
These are of course, in addition to other businesses that belong to the Scorpion, the Crane, the Mantis and the Crab respectively. The Two Rivers is a large and wealthy riverside port town, thus leading to a large number of transients and other people who could cause some trouble and be long gone before they’re caught.
That said, the game picks up a few months after the Winter Court, and the players have been generally busy with things this Spring Season: