Yeah, I know that it’s a little early, but I can’t help but start thinking about what my resolutions will be for the upcoming year. This year I’ve already managed to somewhat get a few of my plans running, with starting an L5R campaign and currently running an Exalted campaign, but there’s still a lot more that I feel that I should be doing.
And so I’m making a list of games I ought to run for this coming year, time and opportunity permitting:
- Sci-Fi – Yes, I know I keep bringing this up, but a good sci-fi campaign would be interesting. Be it Space Opera or something more scientific like Jovian Chronicles or Blue Planet, Sci-Fi deserves a fair shake.
- Traditional Fantasy – Here’s something. I haven’t run anything resembling standard western traditional fantasy in a long time. I remember trying to get D&D 4e off the ground, but stress and too many players made that one cave. This is most likely going to be powered by Fantasy Craft.
- Pulp - Hollow Earth Expedition is top of mind for this one, and I feel that I can pull this off with flying colors. What I don’t have in experience with the system, I’ll make up for in exuberance. :p
Other things that I’m looking forward to doing next year is:
- Play More – I think that I really ought to learn to play more, as it helps me learn from other GMs. I’d be a fool to think that I already know everything, when even a novice GM can teach me something new.
- Learn new Systems - This probably needs the most active motivation for me to do. I love reading systems, studying them, finding how how they tick and influence how a game feels. It’s good to have a go-to system, but learning other games expands the GM’s toolkit, and there’s nothing more efficient than knowing which tool to use for a job.
This is still pretty vague, and I’m actually quite open to suggestions. I’m certain that my players will have one or two items that they’d like to see on this article or it’s final form by the end of this year.