December tends to be one of the slowest months as far as gaming goes. Given all the parties and stuff that people go to, and the schedules of the boys working in call centers, it’s pretty difficult to get a long term campaign running with any form of real consistency. That said it’s often a good time for overworked GMs since it gives them a chance to take a breather.
Personally, I tend to use this time of the year to start planning campaigns for the next year. Already I’ve got some requests for new campaigns, as well as a few old ones being requested to be played again. I tend to have multiple games running before pausing for a break between “seasons” which often results in me having far too many balls to juggle.
That said there’s a whole new year to look forward to, and I might as well start making a list of projects:
- Run a Fantasy Craft Campaign
- Run a Wild ARMS 1 & 3 Inspired Campaign (Just listening to the soundtrack makes me want to run ASAP)
- Run a Persona Inspired Campaign (Probably an nWoD conversion)
- Run an X-COM: Enemy Unknown Inspired Campaign (I’ll probably use Savage Worlds! for this)
- Run something set in a Pulp / Victorian / Steampunk / Sci-Fi setting for the hell of it.
- Run the Mage: the Awakening Japan Campaign
- Run Changeling: the Lost because so far, nobody else has.
- Run Deadlands: Reloaded! again
- Continue the Exalted: Dawn of Sorrows Campaign
- Finish my Setting Project
- Finish my Mini RPG Game Project
It’s quite a laundry list of stuff, but at least I’ll have plenty to keep me busy next year. How about you guys? What projects do you have in mind for the upcoming year?